SEPTEMBER 17TH, 1989
It’s my 25th wedding anniversary today ! Twenty five years ago I said “I do” to this handsome devil and have never looked back! Oh sure, we have had our spats and problems like all couples but we have never stopped having fun together!
I have always loved this list by Dear Abby:
It never hurts to be reminded.
10 Rules For A Happy Marriage
1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
4. If you must criticize, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once every day say a kind or complimentary word to your life partner.
9. When you have done something wrong, admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10. Remember it takes two to make a quarrel.
Here are my personal rules.
10 Rules For A Happy Marriage by Nili Stevens:
1. Find something you both love that you can share together.
2. Hold hands.
3. Always kiss each other good bye and good night.
4. Drink wine at lunch when you can, especially when you are on vacation.
5. Dance when together when ever possible. Don’t sit it out.
6. Have a common dream.
7. Take interest in what’s important to your partner.
8. Take personal time away from each other. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.
9. Share your life with friends and family. Eat, drink and be merry !
9. Take care of your mind, body & spirit.
10. Remember to water the grass.
Our pastor told us on our wedding day, “THE GRASS IS GREENEST WHERE YOU WATER IT”
“Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be….”
Happy Anniversary To Us !!
Thanks for stopping by to share our day. xo Nili